These instructions are general and apply to every PS2 download from this website. These steps apply to any game.
These instructions target PCSX2 on Desktop and AetherSX2 on Android.
- The download button opens a GitHub page with the patch. View the raw patch file by pressing Raw.
- Right click and select Save As... (PC) or press the Download button (Android) on the page with the patch.
- Save the file, changing its extension from
.pnach. For that, you need to change the file type to All Files. The rest of the filename must be preserved!
- Locate your
patchesdirectory. If your PCSX2 installation is portable, the directory resides next to PCSX2’s executable file. Otherwise, it’s located in
- Put the downloaded
.pnachfile in that directory, ensure the file extension is not
- Launch PCSX2, right click the game you’ve installed patches for on the Game List and select Properties....
- Navigate to Patches and enable the patch(es) you want to use by ticking the Enabled box.
- Verify that patches have been activated correctly by launching the game. If everything was done correctly, a ‘X game patches are active.’ message will show on startup in the top left corner.
- Open AetherSX2 and launch the game you downloaded patches for.
- Open the pause menu and select Patch Codes. If a warning gets shown, click Yes to open the Cheat Manager.
- Select Add Patch → IMPORT FROM FILE. Navigate to the patch file you’ve downloaded and select it.
- Open Patch Codes again. If Enable Patches button is listed, click it.
- If everything was done correctly, a ‘X cheat patches are active.’ message will show on startup in the top left corner.