These games are surely great, nonetheless they have some issues. This modification attempts to fix some of them.
Fixes marked with can be configured/toggled via the INI file. These options are enabled by default, unless stated otherwise.
- Fixed an issue where installing the game on A or B drive made the game ask for the CD
- Mouse should not lock up randomly when exiting the menu on newer systems anymore
- Mouse will not go beyond the game rect now, allowing to play the game on multimonitor setups without problems
- Mouse vertical axis sensitivity now matches horizontal axis sensitivity
- Mouse vertical axis does not lock during camera fadeins now
- More precise frame limiter, reducing lag spikes a bit when playing with Frame Limiter on
- Rosenberg’s lines which play when player is Busted work correctly now (just like with Rosie’s Audio Fix)
- Game now performs a bit better on high FPS. It doesn’t freeze on fadeouts anymore, although it still has issues with car physics, gravity and sounds. Therefore it’s still recommended to play with Frame Limiter set to ON
- Wet road reflections render properly again (just like with Road Reflections Fix)
- Reintroduced light glows under weapon/health/armour pickups, bribes, hidden packages and money pickups - they showed only on PS2 due to a bug in all PC versions
- All texts now have proper shadows (depending on chosen resolution, without the fix they’d appear thinner etc.
- Free resprays will not carry on a New Game now
- Fixed ambulance and firetruck dispatch timers - they reset on New Game now
- Corrected crime codes for police dispatch audio - police dispatch now refers to player crimes correctly
- Fixed a bug causing cheat-spawned melee weapons to be forcibly replaced by other melee weapons upon walking into a pickup
- FILE_FLAG_NO_BUFFERING flag has been removed from IMG reading functions - speeding up streaming
- Alt+F4 now works properly
- Some car panels now are detached after car’s explosion (like they were meant to be but the code forcibly fixed them immediately after damaging)
- Metric-to-imperial conversion constants have been replaced with more accurate ones
- Pathfinding for cars chasing the player has been improved
- All censorships from German and French versions of the game have been removed
- Bombs in cars stored in garages now save properly
- Fixed an issue which would cause games to freeze if III/VC/SA were running at the same time
- Car generator counters now work properly for generators with fixed amount of spawns
- Extras on bikes now behave correctly, following bike lean and not floating in air
- Keyboard input latency decreased by one frame
- Made the game select metric/imperial units basing on system locale settings
- Fixed corona lines rendering on non-NVIDIA graphics cards
- Corrected FBI Washington siren sound
- Fixed siren corona placements in Police, Firetruck, Ambulance, Enforcer, Vice Cheetah, FBI Washington
- Added siren corona to FBI Washington
- Fixed taxi light corona placement for Taxi
- Fixed police chopper’s search light and red tail light placement
- Fixed a glitch allowing lightless taxis to spawn in traffic
- Allowed extra6 part to be picked when a random extra is to be picked
- Made Drive-By use correct sounds based on what machine gun is used
- Some props in Malibu Club, Ocean View Hotel and Pole Position Club have been restored; more environment shows outside when player is in interior too (just like on PS2)
Hey, what’s going on? You plugged in your PlayStation or XBOX pad in hopes that you’ll be able to play GTA on your PC just like you used to play on the console, and for some reason you can’t make the controls work properly? You can’t use full possibilities of your brand new, XInput-compatible pad? Maybe you want to refresh your childhood memories after ages of playing IV and you’re sick of the old-fashioned controls?
If any of these apply to you, GInput is the mod you’ve been looking for! This modification completely rewrites GTA controls handling and ditches DirectInput in favour of XInput. This way, your PlayStation 3 and XBOX 360 pads will be handled by the game just perfectly, taking advantage of all their features, including analog triggers. If used with DualShock 3 controller and SCP Driver Package, it can go as far as making full use of SIXAXIS feature, just like some PS3 titles do!
This modification features:
- Complete XInput support, so pads are mapped to match console versions perfectly (including Start button, which can’t be mapped on PC version without this modification).
- Proper vibration support - something that was cut from all PC versions of the game!
- FIVE different control mappings - four setups matching PS2 selectable setups and fifth one being a recreation of GTA IV controls!
- Pad buttons in In-Game helps, replacing PC key names (depending on user’s choice, either PlayStation or XBOX buttons are shown).
- An INI file with tons of options - including toggleable vibration, selecting controls setup, Invert Look option from console versions, axis inversion options from San Andreas and more!
- Automatic switching between keyboard & mouse and pad controls, basing on last device input.
- Support for Guide/PS button. The button is fully functional and can show your Steam Overlay menu if you launched the game via Steam!
- Cheats input from the pad. Use classic PS2 cheats on PC!
- Extended support for DualShock 3 controllers and SCP Driver Package - including pressure sensitive buttons and SIXAXIS accelerometers.
What up? Are you ready for the best Audio ASI Ever? Are you sick of TC mods and conversion mods badly messing and converting the audio wrong? Well guess what, we’ve got a great mod for you! VBDec, the first actual ASI plug-in for Grand Theft Auto III and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City!
What does it do? Well this plucky little plug-in enables playback of the PlayStation 2 .VB audio format on these games, NOT CONVERTED, NATIVE, untouched audio, so now you can finally get the full quality of these files without doing the conversions all by yourself or hoping that someone else hasn’t messed things up and badly converted to MP3 or something.
How about an added bonus? Well now the “MP3 Player” slot can also playback these files! Finally you can use stream audio from the PlayStation 2 versions of Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories exactly how Rockstar intended, with no quality loss!
“I use it on every installation so I can fight with the best sound” -Ash
This modification restores some early left behind code found in Grand Theft Auto III which had money amounts display in game after blowing up vehicles, picking up money, etc, just as it displayed in older GTA titles such as Grand Theft Auto and GTA2. The same code was left in Vice City too, so the modification re-enables this feature there as well.
Money pop-ups will now show when:
- Picking up a money pickup
- Destroying a police helicopter
This modification restores some beta GTA III code, allowing the player to blow up the Airtrain. In the final game version, the player could only destroy a Dodo flying above the city, yet destroyable Airtrain was shown in some places before III release (such as a German TV commercial).