These games are surely great, nonetheless they have some issues. This modification attempts to fix some of them.
Fixes marked with can be configured/toggled via the INI file. These options are enabled by default, unless stated otherwise.
- Mouse will not go beyond the game rect now, allowing to play the game on multimonitor setups without problems
- More precise frame limiter, reducing lag spikes a bit when playing with Frame Limiter on
- The game will not ask for a CD when all audio files are copied to the disk anymore
- In 1.0, armour cheat is now TORTOISE - like in 1.1 and Steam versions
- In 1.0, BOOOOORING cheat now works properly - like in 1.1 and Steam versions
- Mouse sensitivity is now properly saved - like in 1.1 and Steam versions
- Headlight coronas now display properly (as they do on PS2, XBOX and PC Steam versions)
- Purple Nines Glitch has been fixed
- Game now performs a bit better on high FPS. It doesn’t freeze on fadeouts anymore, although it still has issues with car physics, gravity and sounds. Therefore it’s still recommended to play with Frame Limiter set to ON
- Rhino spawned via a cheatcode doesn’t stay on map forever anymore
- Blista now can be lifted by a car crusher crane - instead, now it cannot lift Coach
- Shooting from M16 in 1st person mode now increments bullets fired stat properly (so you can’t score Accuracy to be more than 100%)
- Wet road reflections render properly again (just like with Road Reflections Fix)
- Reintroduced light glows under weapon/health/armour pickups, bribes, hidden packages and money pickups - they showed only on PS2 due to a bug in all PC versions
- Trace (Destination) blip is now scaling to the resolution properly
- Garages-related and rampages-related texts now scale to the resolution properly
- All texts now have proper shadows (depending on chosen resolution, without the fix they’d appear thinner etc.)
- Free resprays will not carry on a New Game now
- Fixed ambulance and firetruck dispatch timers - they reset on New Game now
- The game will not create more than 32 blips at once now - while this never happened in an unmodded game, it could have happened due to exploits and potentially corrupted the save
- FILE_FLAG_NO_BUFFERING flag has been removed from IMG reading functions - speeding up streaming
- Alt+F4 now works properly
- Some car panels now are detached after car’s explosion (like they were meant to be but the code forcibly fixed them immediately after damaging)
- Metric-to-imperial conversion constants have been replaced with more accurate ones
- Pathfinding for cars chasing the player has been improved (most notably, it may result in ‘Bait’ being much more playable)
- All censorships from German and French versions of the game have been removed
- Bombs in cars stored in garages now save properly
- Fixed an issue which would cause games to freeze if III/VC/SA were running at the same time
- Car generator counters now work properly for generators with fixed amount of spawns
- Keyboard input latency decreased by one frame
- Fixed a crash after playing the game for a short amount of time without a sound card
- Made the game select metric/imperial units basing on system locale settings
- Fixed corona lines rendering on non-NVIDIA graphics cards
- Corrected FBI Car secondary siren sound
- Fixed siren corona placements in Firetruck, Ambulance, Enforcer
- Fixed taxi light corona placement for Taxi
- Fixed police chopper’s search light placement
- Enlarged the bounding box of Catalina’s chopper and the police chopper to prevent it from being cut off on screen edges
- Fixed cranes and night windows disappearing when viewed from up close
- Fixed a glitch allowing lightless taxis to spawn in traffic
- Car reflections are now displayed correctly on Steam version
Hey, what’s going on? You plugged in your PlayStation or XBOX pad in hopes that you’ll be able to play GTA on your PC just like you used to play on the console, and for some reason you can’t make the controls work properly? You can’t use full possibilities of your brand new, XInput-compatible pad? Maybe you want to refresh your childhood memories after ages of playing IV and you’re sick of the old-fashioned controls?
If any of these apply to you, GInput is the mod you’ve been looking for! This modification completely rewrites GTA controls handling and ditches DirectInput in favour of XInput. This way, your PlayStation 3 and XBOX 360 pads will be handled by the game just perfectly, taking advantage of all their features, including analog triggers. If used with DualShock 3 controller and SCP Driver Package, it can go as far as making full use of SIXAXIS feature, just like some PS3 titles do!
This modification features:
- Complete XInput support, so pads are mapped to match console versions perfectly (including Start button, which can’t be mapped on PC version without this modification).
- Proper vibration support - something that was cut from all PC versions of the game!
- FIVE different control mappings - four setups matching PS2 selectable setups and fifth one being a recreation of GTA IV controls!
- Pad buttons in In-Game helps, replacing PC key names (depending on user’s choice, either PlayStation or XBOX buttons are shown).
- An INI file with tons of options - including toggleable vibration, selecting controls setup, Invert Look option from console versions, axis inversion options from San Andreas and more!
- Automatic switching between keyboard & mouse and pad controls, basing on last device input.
- Support for Guide/PS button. The button is fully functional and can show your Steam Overlay menu if you launched the game via Steam!
- Cheats input from the pad. Use classic PS2 cheats on PC!
- Extended support for DualShock 3 controllers and SCP Driver Package - including pressure sensitive buttons and SIXAXIS accelerometers.
What up? Are you ready for the best Audio ASI Ever? Are you sick of TC mods and conversion mods badly messing and converting the audio wrong? Well guess what, we’ve got a great mod for you! VBDec, the first actual ASI plug-in for Grand Theft Auto III and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City!
What does it do? Well this plucky little plug-in enables playback of the PlayStation 2 .VB audio format on these games, NOT CONVERTED, NATIVE, untouched audio, so now you can finally get the full quality of these files without doing the conversions all by yourself or hoping that someone else hasn’t messed things up and badly converted to MP3 or something.
How about an added bonus? Well now the “MP3 Player” slot can also playback these files! Finally you can use stream audio from the PlayStation 2 versions of Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories exactly how Rockstar intended, with no quality loss!
“I use it on every installation so I can fight with the best sound” -Ash