🎂 Five years ago today, the first SilentPatch was released to the public. 🎂
What started as a small modification for GTA III and GTA Vice City is now nearly a brand, operating as a series of patches with continuous support! At the time of writing, SilentPatch has releases for 7 games:
- GTA III (6 releases)
- GTA Vice City (8 releases)
- GTA San Andreas (29 releases!)
- Colin McRae Rally 2.0 (1 release)
- The Godfather: The Game (1 release)
- Bully: Scholarship Edition (2 releases)
- Far Cry (2 releases)
with one more game (Saints Row: The Third) being occasionally looked into – a release may happen at some point, but it’s not going to be anything huge.
To celebrate the anniversary, I created an interactive timeline showing all major events throughout SilentPatch development. Hope you’ll find it entertaining!
Legend for colours is as follows:
- Blue – SilentPatch events
- Green – miscellaneous events directly related to SilentPatch
- Pink – events related to other modifications, which were relevant for SilentPatch development nonetheless
- Orange – ‘community spotlight’ events
I recommend opening the timeline in a separate browser tab and viewing it fullscreen!
SilentPatch ended up being far bigger than I ever expected and I consider it a game changer (literally and figuratively) for a lot of things, including my professional career. I hope it is going to stay strong and encapsulate even more games in the future!
Thank you for all your support so far, since without the people using the ‘patches, suggesting things and spreading the love they would have gone nowhere!